Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcome / Introduction

Everything has to start somewhere, so here goes.  Who am I?  And why supply chain?

My name is Hillary Drake.  I'm a supply chain and international compliance professional based in St. Paul, MN.  I have an MBA from the Carlson School of Management, a BA from Macalester College, plus a professional certificate in international trade from Saint Paul College.  Professionally, I have done warehouse & distribution management, HTS classification, domestic and international logistics and international compliance.  As of September 2010, I'm looking for a new position in one of those fields or as a supply chain or operations analyst.

Why supply chain?  At the end of most days I see results.  I completed 100 classifications or I got a shipment where it needed to go on schedule and on budget.  I haven't found another area of business that offers that kind of immediate satisfaction.

And finally, what's the point of this blog?  I'm going to share some of what I've learned in international business, especially when it comes to HTS classification and international compliance.  I'm planning to take the Customs Broker Exam in April, so this should also be good practice for me.  Some of the posts I'm planning will be thought exercises for the exam.

I'm looking for permanent or contract work, as well as short-term consulting.  You can reach me through my LinkedIn profile or the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment